Gillis Gilkerson - Construction Managers / General Contractors
150 West Market Street, Suite 200, Riverview Commons, Salisbury, MD 21801
Phone: 410-749-4821 - Fax: 410-749-7934
Perdue Farms Corporate Headquarters
This $10.5 million project was a complete renovation of the poultry company’s headquarters in Salisbury, Md. The building received LEED© Platinum certification – the highest possible rating – from the U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design green building certification program, the first such designation on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
The 94,000-square-foot facility, which houses 570 employees, incorporated many elements to meet that certification including an energy efficient HVAC system that will reduce the building’s energy expense by 25 percent.
Aspects of the corporate office that earned LEED recognition include:
- Reused 99.6 percent of existing building envelope
- Diverted 97 percent – 631 tons – of construction waste from landfill
- 42.3 percent water reduction through low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Reused 12.7 percent of total resources
- 24.3 percent of materials content manufactured using recycled materials
- 40.1 percent of building materials manufactured within 500 miles
- 72.8 percent of wood-based products harvested from Forest Stewardship Council certified forests
- Up to 95 percent of the energy demand for the Corporate Office is generated by the solar field during occupied daytime hours and, on average, the solar field supplies up to 40 percent of the total energy demand (daytime and nighttime hours combined).
- Integrated carbon dioxide sensors and rooftop fresh air handlers help exceed minimum air quality standards by 30 percent (Source: American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers)
- Nearly 40 percent reduction in utility demand through energy efficient HVAC, lighting and on-demand hot water heaters.
- Bicycle racks encourage alternative transportation
- Preferred parking for fuel-efficient vehicles
- Previous patio pavers prevent storm water runoff
View This Deal's Story
What Our Clients Say
“I was able to get a hold of my friend, who works for Gillis Gilkerson while I was in Africa when I found out my house flooded. When I got home in June, Gillis Gilkerson told me what went wrong and what needed to be fixed. They did a complete interior remodel by November so I was back in my home for the holidays. I never had to worry. I knew they would do a quality job and they did.”
~ Denny Dempsey,
“We are very excited to be open. This was definitely not an “off the shelf” type hotel, it was a custom design to maximize our guest’s experiences. There is nothing like this anywhere in our market area. Gillis Gilkerson did a great job, and the quality and craftsmanship is second to none.”
~ Christian Hudson,
Hudson Management Group
“Throughout the construction phase of this project it was necessary to page a representative from Gillis Gilkerson on a daily basis. I would estimate the average response time for a response was about three minutes. The team was always eager to address any questions or concerns that I had, and when any small problem did arise, they were always fixed quickly and efficiently. In short, there was little disruption of my busy practice and loss of income due to time spent working with the contractor.”
~ John Burkett,
Burkett and Burkett, D.D.S., P.A.
“We were in a bit of an emergency situation with a leaky roof. The team from Gillis Gilkerson responded to our time crunch and got the job done on time. We were very happy with the end result because it allowed us to get back to business in a timely fashion.”
~ Robert G. Duer,
Exmore Town Manager
“(Gillis Gilkerson) made the entire construction process amazingly simple for us. They handled all the phases of the process … (and) there was always a construction foreman on site providing supervision. The best part of all was the final result – a well-designed, quality built office building.”
~ William R. McCain,
MBC – W.R. McCain & Associates, Inc.