Gillis Gilkerson - Construction Managers / General Contractors
150 West Market Street, Suite 200, Riverview Commons, Salisbury, MD 21801
Phone: 410-749-4821 - Fax: 410-749-7934
Perdue Farms Corporate Headquarters
This $10.5 million project was a complete renovation of the poultry company’s headquarters in Salisbury, Md. The building received LEED© Platinum certification – the highest possible rating – from the U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design green building certification program, the first such designation on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
The 94,000-square-foot facility, which houses 570 employees, incorporated many elements to meet that certification including an energy efficient HVAC system that will reduce the building’s energy expense by 25 percent.
Aspects of the corporate office that earned LEED recognition include:
- Reused 99.6 percent of existing building envelope
- Diverted 97 percent – 631 tons – of construction waste from landfill
- 42.3 percent water reduction through low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Reused 12.7 percent of total resources
- 24.3 percent of materials content manufactured using recycled materials
- 40.1 percent of building materials manufactured within 500 miles
- 72.8 percent of wood-based products harvested from Forest Stewardship Council certified forests
- Up to 95 percent of the energy demand for the Corporate Office is generated by the solar field during occupied daytime hours and, on average, the solar field supplies up to 40 percent of the total energy demand (daytime and nighttime hours combined).
- Integrated carbon dioxide sensors and rooftop fresh air handlers help exceed minimum air quality standards by 30 percent (Source: American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers)
- Nearly 40 percent reduction in utility demand through energy efficient HVAC, lighting and on-demand hot water heaters.
- Bicycle racks encourage alternative transportation
- Preferred parking for fuel-efficient vehicles
- Previous patio pavers prevent storm water runoff
View This Deal's Story
What Our Clients Say
“We want to express our appreciation for the completion of the apartments at Jefferson II in time to get the residents back in their homes. We believe this was made possible by the quality site supervision provided by Dale Reinhold. Dale’s masterful control of the site, the suppliers and the subcontractors was like a conductor directing an unruly orchestra. On site progress was consistent and organized. When problems were encountered, Dale professionally provided solutions. Dale’s quality site supervision made the Jefferson II project a success.”
~ Arthur W. Edwards, Jr.
The Severn Companies
“Gillis Gilkerson was far and away the most accommodating and skillful contractor I have ever dealt with in the building profession. They finished the job on time and under budget with absolute minimum disruption to our services.”
On behalf of Don Kelly, supervisor of the new addition to the 10th Street Medical Office in Ocean City, MD
~ Stephen Waters,
Atlantic General Health System
“Over the past 15 years, I have been responsible for three construction projects completed by Gillis Gilkerson. All three have been completed on time and within budget. . . I would not hesitate to contract with them again.”
~ Spicer Bell,
Community Foundation of the Eastern Shore
“Without the professionalism and know-how of the Gillis Gilkerson team, all of our fundraising efforts would not have given us the final result of a beautiful symbol of our maritime heritage on the shores of the Choptank. The project’s unique design required an expertise and adaptation to construction in a maritime environment that Gillis Gilkerson was able to deliver.”
~ Jackalyn A. Noeller,
Choptank River Lighthouse, Cambridge, MD
“We are so grateful to Palmer Gillis and to a team of local business professionals who are helping us make this award a meaningful and important honor.”
~ Hayley Gallagher,
Former Executive Director of MCE